Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Appt update

I just got home from my 18 week OB appt. Not completely happy, but what's new with the Eglin Hospital. Seems like my lab work that I had drawn 2 weeks ago is still in shipping. It was a test that had to be done around 16 weeks to check for neural tube defects (spinal bifada, etc..) Well results not back, still hasn't been tested, and too late to have it redrawn. :(

On a happier note, Baby Rylan's heartbeat was nice and strong. He did not like being poked and proded though. He seems a little fiesty! LOL On ultrasound, my cervix measured 4.67cm (it was 6.4cm last visit). Dr. Tobin says not to worry until it gets around 2.5cm. So far, so good.

I am starting to have more contractions. But not worried unless they become very regular or painful. My cervix is still closed.. YAY!! I am to drink more fluids (water), limit caffeine (1 a day), no heavy strenous activity. Also, my doc says I need a spa day. LOL!! (maybe because I had Ahna, Mackenzie, and Christian with me)

All in all, not a bad visit. I go back in 2 weeks, have my 20 week fetal assessment ultrasound on the 23rd, and see my perinatologist on the 28th. Busy end of month.

No comments:

Post a Comment