Monday, June 14, 2010

UGH!!! Military Healthcare....

I am REALLY starting to HATE military healthcare! Why can't I get what I need? It is cheaper to pay for medication to help stop preterm labor/delivery, than take care of mommy in hospital and/or baby born prematurily. There is a breakdown somewhere!

I am having trouble getting my OB and the pharmacy here at Eglin to comply with what my High Risk OB in Pensacola wants me to do. I am suppose to start injections next week until week 36 to try to help prevent any preterm labor issues that I have a HUGE history of. My doc here is dragging his feet. Pharmacy doesn't carry it here because it is a "Bio-identical hormone" Bio-identical hormones have the same chemical structure as hormones that are made by the human body and can only be made at a compounding pharmacy.

It looks like I will have to atleast give 3-4 weeks worth shipped to me from Pensacola until my OB doc here can fax in some paperwork to the company the base uses. The bad part is, we will have to pay out of pocket and hope Tricare reimburses promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment